Friday, January 2, 2009

Becoming Facebook Friendly

It's happened again. I have allowed the views and opinions of others to shape my decisions.

At first, it was just my college buddies relentlessly emailing me about joining Facebook so we could keep up with each other's lives. I finally conceded and signed up. Not long after, it took an ugly turn and photos of me wearing paisley shirts and acid-washed jeans were splashed across the internet for all my "friends" to see.

When this happened, I complained to a few of my Peeps. Their response? They signed up on Facebook too and now they are completely obsessed with it.

Fine. I give up. I'm surrounded and there's only one way to respond.

I have resolved to become more Facebook friendly in '09. This could prove to me a bit more challenging that losing 20 lbs or reading the Bible through in a year, both of which I should resolve to do but won't. After all, I'll be too busy writing on walls and super poking and sending flair.

I suppose what they say is true; We fear that which we do not understand.

And I really don't understand Facebook.

So, if you're really my friend you'll help me make this transition and you will not mock me. I truly want to become a part of your world but I need guidance, not ridicule. I may ask questions that seem ridiculous and silly but please I beg you, just give me and answer and laugh behind my back.

I have decided to start slowly. Yesterday I added photos with comments for all of you to view. I might add a few more today. But I'm also going to go through my friend list and randomly select 20 of you. I will then.....brace yourselves......Write On Your Wall!!! I know, I know. It's a bold step.

If you have suggestions on things I could do in the next few days to better acclimate myself, please leave me a comment. I will do my best to oblige.

Get ready Facebook friends, I'm comin' through.


post signature

6 comments:

Nicole @ Four Real said...

And that is what it is all about my friend, AVOIDING RESPONSIBILITIES! Trust me, I still dont get half of it, I just pretend I do! :)

HunaBob said...

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step"

--Someone way more profound that I

Quit worrying, it will be fine. YOu probably felt the same thing when you started blogging. Only thing is, there's many more feedback channels on Facebook than a blog.

That and any incriminating pictures of my wife will be greatly appreciated!

Alicia (dna) said...

Let me know what you find out. I need a couple of lessons on FB myself. My husband kidnapped me yesterday on FB, which I didn't even know you could do.

Anyway, have fun!
Heard you have a big birthday coming up. You don't look a day older than 29. Happy Early Birthday!

Big Nanny said...

you've been avoiding your responsibilities quite well today;)

Tammy said...

WOOOO! I got a message on my wall today....and you took my sexy back.

AND I think you beat my score at PathWords!

Looks like you've got the hang of FB.

Now, I need to know if Santa brought you that scanner or not????

Gena said...

I'm waiting for confirmation that I made the top 20 cut. You did write on my wall recently, but I think I wrote you first, so that totally doesn't count.