Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thursday's thoughts

I'm trying to be good and post everyday, whether or not I have anything relevant to say. So, that's why this post is both rambling and pointless.

First, I'm addicted to Pathwords on Facebook. There I said it. I'm admitting that I have a problem. And while we're on the subject, let me just say that I thought I was doing a good thing by adding new friends on Facebook but suddenly I went from a respectable 4th place in Pathwords to 8th place, all because the friends I'm adding are apparently smarter than me or have really bad manners and chose to beat my personal best score ON MY BIRTHDAY!! (I'm talkin' to you AW)

This morning on the way to school somebody slammed into me. OK. Maybe slammed is a strong word. I mean, there wasn't any damage to my bumper. But "slammed" sounds much more dramatic and post-worthy than "bumped" so I'm going with slammed.

Last night we met with a guy about putting our house in "House Hunters" magazine. We are getting to the point where desperation is starting to set in. We need a buyer and fast so we slashing prices and cuttin' deals. And we'll throw in a swingset and a Chiweenie so alert your friends and family.

Yesterday at school, one of our 5 year old students said he had something important to tell me. I was waiting for some tattletale story about another kid or maybe the all-important list of what Santa had brought him for Christmas. He, however, had more spiritual matters on his mind. Here is a transcript of our conversation:

Boy: "Ummm....Mrs. Wood. Guess what!"
Me: "What?"
Boy: "I got the Holy Ghost at my Gramma's house last night!"
Me: Blank stare followed by "...what did you say?"
Boy: "I got the Holy Ghost last night and now I can talk in tongues!"
Me: Blank stare followed by sweaty palms and desperate glance in his teacher's direction. (She of course was nodding and smiling. I found out later she totally set me up.)


In other news, I'm reading! A book! With chapters!
It was a birthday gift from my peeps and I'd already heard great things about it. So far, it's awesome and I highly recommend it. Perhaps when I'm done I'll give a full review here. Or maybe I'll just go back to playing Pathwords.


post signature

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm gonna have to stick with Pathwords and I'm sure you've noticed I'm not really good at it, but addicted none the less.

Madison wants to buy your house, just for the "chi-wee-wee".

The Rivers Family said...

I am also addicted to pathwords...