I'm still able to chew my food, retain control of my faculties, get around under my own power and all major organs are functioning as they should be.
I wanted to say thanks to everybody who sent me an email, a comment or visited my Facebook page (I've decided Facebook makes me feel young & hip so now I like it). Even if none of your compliments were true, they made me feel a lot better. And since my birthday went by completely unnoticed at work, you guys saved me from feeling like Samantha in "Sixteen Candles" all day.
I also want to send a special shout-out to my friend Tammy for the cookie bouquet I found on my doorstep when I got home from work:

It contained the affectionate message "Happy Birthday You Old Buzzard". She also re-posted last years video tribute to me. If you missed it the first time you should check it out HERE. Thanks to the title of her post, my daughter has now learned the phrase "Lordy, Lordy looks who's forty". She thinks it's the most hilarious thing ever and repeats it every 30 seconds. She even added a "Lordy, Lordy look who's 40........3!" for Handiman's benefit.
Today is the first full day of school so I suppose that should keep my mind off my impending AARP membership and the onset of menopause.




4 comments:
Quite frankly, I'm not sure I like the way you speak of those of us in our 40s. We aren't ready to be sent out to pasture yet! It is possible to be hip, cool, and incredibly relevant after the big 4-0. At least that's what I've heard. I wouldn't know because at 42 I'm just old and cranky.
Oh boy. Lydia is going to never let that one go!
I do what I can. Hey, and be thankful I waited too late to have your yard cluttered with pink flamingos. Maybe when you turn 50, I'll be more on top of it.... probably not.
LOL-love the looking for things you just had a minute ago-makes me feel better, thought I was the only one out there :)
Post a Comment