Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Ocho IQ Test

Last night while the Ocho was enjoying her dinner I was busy working a word scramble in the newspaper. I was stuck on one word in particular when Handiman glanced at it and quickly figured it out.

Me: "I can't believe you got that! Awesome!"
Ocho: "I can believe it. After all, he is the smart one."
Me: "Excuse me?"
Ocho: sheepishly giggling....."He's.....the.... smart one. And you're the........SECOND smart one!"
Me: "Oh, I see. Well if he's so smart we'll just let him do your laundry and cook your meals and brush your hair and check your homework from now on. How about that!?!?!"
Ocho: "No Way! I can't have him fixing my corn dogs!"

Apparently Handiman's level of intelligence does not qualify him for placing a frozen corn dog in the microwave for 45 seconds. This requires a BA Degree from a Liberal Arts College, years of administrative experience and almost a year of teaching computer to 1st graders under your belt.

The smart one. Hmmph. What does she know? I'm the one with a job. : )

post signature

1 comment:

Tammy said...

You need to be a little sweeter to that hubby of your, missy.

And I would not leave ANY cooking up to a man who put socks in a microwave!