We are still living in it. Does that answer your questions?
I feel like we've been trying to sell this place for years. Mainly, because we have. I realize the economy stinks and the housing market is failing, blah, blah, blah. I get it. It's just that we've put a lot of time and effort into making this place appealing and desirable. We've added a beautiful arched entryway into our dining room. (And by we, I mean Handiman). We've painted. We've cleaned. We've worked on our lawn. And still, nothin'.
I suppose there hasn't been anything to really set us apart from the 1,273 other houses for sale in our neighborhood.
Until now.
Late last week, some sweet anonymous angel decided to do something that was sure to attract attention to our little hacienda. It was a thoughtful and creative gesture that will never be forgotten. Just see for yourselves:

That's right. It's a grocery cart. On the curb. In our front yard. They kindly left it where it would be the most visible to passers-by. Generous indeed.
Besides the obvious question of why, there is another question of how. While we are located near serveral grocery stores, there isn't one within walking distance. At least, not as far as I'm concerned. Of course, walking distance to me is defined as couch to kitchen. Or TV to bedroom. So, perhaps my judgement is skewed.
Nevertheless, after I got over my initial irritation, I deciced that perhaps it was destiny that this cart showed up at my house. I mean, think of the havoc a practical joker like myself could play on unsuspecting friends who live in fancy neighborhoods and have pools and don't eat meat! If, you know, I happened to have any friends like that.
But, it wasn't meant to be. Handiman loaded it up in his truck and took it back to the store. Party pooper.
And, in case you were wondering, the answer is no, we haven't had one single person look at our house since it was displayed. People around here just don't appreciate our kind of classy.



4 comments:
Thank you SO much for my Tuesday morning laugh! That's simply hysterical!
Are you sure your friend who doesn't eat meat and lives in the fancy house didn't place that there for your enjoyment? :) No. I don't think that person or persons would be able to be that cruel! :) Funny you have a post about selling your house today. I was just about to do the same! At least we can share this precious time in our lives together. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!
I can't believe you let that man take it back to Kroger!
Boo Handiman! What fun that would have been for you! (And me)
Post a Comment