Monday, October 12, 2009

Give me a Break

I'm here only to clarify that I've not passed away. Nor have I been kidnapped. Nor have I decided to abandon all technology in protest of Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize.

Which reminds me, I think Handiman should be awarded a Nobel of some sort for his mastery in bathroom remodeling. Just like our President, he started out with big plans and high hopes. And just like our President, he hasn't really accomplished much. But he's talked about it. And he's planned for it. And when he gets dressed up and starts talking, people listen and believe him. Now I'd better stop comparing him to Obama or he might abandon the project in protest.

I actually told him I was going to post an updated picture of the bathroom which made him a little nervous since it doesn't really look any different than it did 2 weeks ago. Don't get me wrong. He's been working on it when he has time but it's been nothing noticeable to the human eye. So if you're wondering what it looks like just scroll down and take a look.

In other news, this week is our school's Fall Break and boy, am I relieved. Having a whole week off will give me time to do all of those things that I've put off. Like cleaning out the pantry. Or cleaning out our filing cabinet. Or cleaning the baseboards. Since today was my first full day off and The Ocho was spending the day with Abigail, I seized the day. I returned a movie, put gas in my car, took a 30 minute nap and caught up on the season premiere of The DCC Season 4. Obviously, I made the most of my time.

Speaking of TV, I must make a confession. I have become an avid viewer of "The Biggest Loser". I know the show's been on forever and I'm a little late to the party but I credit my new found love/hate relationship with Jillian. I thought it might be fun to watch her yell at other people for a change. And whatta ya know? It is. For the record, I'm rooting for Abby right now. She's cute, she's southern and she has the saddest story of anyone I've ever seen on reality TV.

I realize this post is random and pointless. Sorry but I'll make no excuses. Random and pointless is exactly what I'll be aiming for this week.


post signature

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Happy Fall Break!

Gena said...

So glad you're watching The Biggest Loser. It's my favorite! Now we actually have something to talk about. : )