What I'm trying to say is, 3rd grade homework is taking up what little time I had set aside for rest and relaxation. And it's also sucking the life right out of me. There are history tests. And book reports. And vocabulary words. And digging up soil for science experiments. And music theory. And on top of all of that, they decided to throw in Homecoming Spirit Week. So, I got to design costumes in my spare time.
First we had Crazy Hat Day:
Little Ocho rocked an authentic Cheese-head (a gift from a co-worker from Wisconsin many moons ago) while I donned one of her old ballet tutus. I must say I was a huge hit in the car-rider line that morning.Then came Favorite Book Character Day:
Ocho had her heart set on Kit Kittredge so with a trip to Goodwill and a crocheted cap borrowed from her friend Selah, we worked a little bobby pin magic and voila! Kit Kittredge she was. I had planned to go as Pippi Longstocking but I had no time for it (see whiny paragraph above).And finally, Career Day:
This was a no-brainer. She still wants to be an artist so I let her slosh some paint on one of Daddy's shirts, made a pallet out of cardboard and whipped out my old raspberry beret (it was a prop during my majorette days. Shut up.) Turned out pretty cute. I will also add that I dressed as a diva on this particular day. I put on my green feather boa, a tiara, some sunglasses and carried one of Ocho's purses with a stuffed dog inside. This too was also a hit in the car line. Sadly, we didn't take a picture. But if you know me well, you've seen me dressed like that many times before.So Little Ocho was a hit all 3 dress up days, got a 100 on her history test, finished her book report, turned in her soil sample, aced her vocabulary test and eventually finished her music theory assignment. All the while, our bathroom is still a construction zone disaster and my commitment to Jillian has been waning.
But there is hope on the horizon. Fall Break is only one week away! As my hero Madea would say "Hall-le-loo-yer".


1 comment:
Seriously?! There is NO photo of you as a diva?!
Really?????????
Post a Comment