It's true. Tomorrow The Ocho hits the big 0-9. Her last year in single digits.....sigh.......
To celebrate we've headed to the ATL to get our party on. I'm not sure how it happened but she lived the first 8 years of her life with little to no interest in American Girl dolls. Then right at the age where some girls are outgrowing them, she decides she'd like one. And right now, if you don't mind. So in lieu of a party she opted for a road trip to The American Girl store in Atlanta. (She's currently unaware that there are bigger and better stores in other states. Let's keep that between us, shall we?)
She's been planning her purchase for months (Kit Kittredge. Who else?) and has a fat wad of spending cash thanks to both sets of grandparents and one generous uncle. Once the shopping is complete we have reservations to dine in the store's restaurant for lunch. It should be a fun filled, all-American, girly day. Don't worry. I'll take plenty of pictures of Handiman being tortured within an inch of his life by all the girlyness. Maybe it will instill a great need to come home and do something really masculine. Like finish remodeling the bathroom.
I'll return next week with pictures and stories. But for now I'd just like to wish my American Girl a Happy 9th Birthday.
Te amo Poco Ocho. Feliz Cumplenanos!



5 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYDIA!! HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP!
You guys will have so much fun!! We were just there in July. Gracie got Kit...she loves the store and lunch is fun! Glad she's got a wod of cash cause she's gonna need it...ain't nothin cheap in that store! lol! Have fun!
April Willett
Happy Birthday, Lydia!
Happy Birthday to my very favorite Ocho!!
I have such fond memories of that sweet, precious girl...especially her praying heart at age 3/4. Happy Birthday, Lydia.
Post a Comment