Friday, October 9, 2009

The Happy Ending

Back in 2005 I needed a good laugh. Thankfully, a new show on TV promised to give me just that. But it also gave me something more. A brand new TV romance to obsess over.

You see, I've always been a bit of a TV Romance Junkie. I think it started in high school with Luke & Laura. Then in college it was Bo & Hope. Eventually I grew up and matured. Daytime dramas just didn't do it for me anymore. I needed something more sophisticated like Doug & Carol on "ER" or Sydney & Vaughn on "Alias". Then came Jack & Kate on "Lost". But through it all, I must say no fake TV couple has provided the happy like Jim & Pam on "The Office". And last night was the pinnacle of their romance. The moment that TV Romance Junkies live for. The Wedding.....sigh.

I know I've been lax in my Office recaps here, but what kind of fan would I be if I didn't blog about THE EVENT OF ALL EVENTS for my beloved show? As usual, it did not disappoint. It even managed to surprise me more than once. Here's what I loved:

Let's start with the puke-fest at the beginning. I surely wasn't expecting that. I mean what other show would dare to start off their most romantic & anticipated episode ever with everyone in the office throwing up into trash cans? I heart this show so much.

Also, I loved the cans on the back of Michael's car, Kevin's new hair, Meemaw Sylvia, Dwight at the kids table, Jim's sweet and ultimately awkward toast, Michael's even more awkward toast, Andy's....umm.....injury, Meredith's cigars and the wedding dance (especially Angela's contribution and Dwight kicking the bridesmaid in the face). I would also like to add that this show has officially ruined hotel ice machines for me forever. Oh yeah. I laughed. A lot.

But I also sighed. A lot. Between Jim's speech at dinner, Pam's torn veil, all the mental picture taking and Jim's Plan A, I was in TV Romance heaven.

And just when I thought Jim Halpert couldn't be any sweeter, he cuts his tie in half.....sigh.

Now, on to my favorite quotes:

Jim: Believe it or not, Kevin, firecrackers are in the "Don't" column.

Angela: Decent people everywhere will be offended.

Kevin: I thought "How can I take it to the next level?" The hair. It's....the hair.

Pam: We should have hired a professional to take the mental pictures.

Michael: I'm not a physics major Stanley. I'm just saying be careful.

Kevin: I'm not gay. I'm Kevin.

Jim: Here's to.......waiting.

Dwight: Bride side or groom side? Or townie?

Jim: I bought those boat tickets the day I saw that YouTube video.



PB&J 4 Ever!



post signature

2 comments:

Nicole @ Four Real said...

Laughed my head off, cried at the sweetness and know this is one of the best ones!!! I have to agree, I truly have a new outlook for ice machines and wonder who is sleeping in there at the same time!!! :)

Amanda said...

Loved it! I laugh so hard at the little things...Michael not using empty cans on the back of his car and them spewing as he drove away...Kevin and the Kleenex boxes...Dwight kicking the girl in the face that he had a "stand" with the night before...it was just classic.