Monday, March 31, 2008

#38 is my favorite

Today my friend Angela did something not altogether unusual. She sent me a link to her latest blog discovery. I should mention that blogging has become a bit of an issue in our social circle. As I have mentioned before, I have 8 BFF's. 4 of us have blogs, 2 other's read our blogs regularly, 2 read sporadically and 1 thinks blogs are tools of Satan used to bring about the downfall of mankind. Or at least she thinks they're pointless and refuses to read them. She also complains when she's the last to know something so we tell her she should be reading our blogs. That really makes her blood boil. (Can you tell I feel a certain freedom in writing this because I know there's not a chance she'll ever read it? Except her husband is a regular reader here so he'll probably tell her. Oops.)

Anyway, Angela is a blog-stalker of the highest caliber and discovers new ones daily that she will in turn forward to those of us in her inner circle and say stuff like "Read this now!" or "Funniest Blog Ever!" or "If you don't read this blog you're such a loser!" Stuff like that. And I fall for it everytime. Because I am weak and I trust her comedic judgement. She may not be the most consistent blog writer but when she writes, it's funny and self-deprecating and slightly sarcastic. All the things I love and respect. She knows a funny blog when she reads one.

She's the one who introduced me to Boomama and Big Mama. She's the one who recommended Pioneer Woman which sent me into a 3-day blog reading marathon that caused me to forget to cook dinner for my family and be extremely negligent in my responsibilities as a servant of Jesus.

I just returned from a week-long vacation with severe anxiety. Not for the mound of laundry I had to do. Not for the bare cupboards I had to fill. Not for the nasty house I had to clean or the bills I had to pay. Nope. I simply couldn't figure out how in the world I was going to catch up on all my blog reading. I'm still way behind by the way and it's stressing me out. I can thank my blog-pusher, Angela, for all of it.

And now I have a new obsession. Check it out and tell me your favorite. While I'm partial to #38 I also really enjoyed #43, #46 & #81. And then there's #52. Don't get me started on #52.

I'm thinking of emailing this guy a suggestion for his list. #98 "Blogging instead of talking to your friends on the phone just to annoy them" Look for it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog is laugh out funny. I think #66 is funny because I'm a goldfish pusher too.

Tammy said...

I am gonna have to say THIS is a great find!!

I'm kinda partial to:

#74 since that was my youth group van EVERY trip

#48 because of the visual it creates in my head

#35 reminds me of good times

Shawn said...

I'm completely obsessed with all of the 30's. Coincidentally, Coach has been emailing back and forth with this guy all day. He wants to be a speaker. Coach says his emails are as funny and clever as the blog.

~Heather