Maybe it's the intoxicating bright lights of Super Target or perhaps it's the cough medicine but I feel like I was just visiting some bizarre alternate universe. A universe where wanna-be singers covered Beatles songs and didn't altogether stink. A universe where I actually enjoyed Carly despite her tattoo arm. A universe where Chikezie brought down the house and David Archuleta fell to pieces. What in the world just happened?
First let me say I stand corrected. I expected Beatles night to be nothing more than a bunch of corny renditions of iconic songs. Instead, I think everyone did a pretty decent job with a couple of glaring exceptions (I'm talkin to you Hernandez & Kristy Lee) .
My favorites were David Cook (Eleanor Rigby? A rock song? Obviously.), Brooke White (I just love her and I'm thinking we could be total BFF's) and CHIKEZIE!!!! Was.Not.Expecting.That.At.All. I will hand it to any African American male who dares to incorporate a banjo into his performance. Then he goes and completely blows the roof off the place. I also loved his genuine excitement when it was all over. And his mama can bust a move.
I predict the bottom three are Ramiele, David Hernandez & Kristy Lee. I think Ramiele will go home. She was boring and had the added disadvantage of performing early in the show.
I was pleasantly surprised and genuinely entertained tonight. Until the Golden Boy forgot the lyrics and sent the entire American Idol franchise into a tailspin. As much as I love him I'm kind of glad it happened. Things just got a lot more interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Was it just my TV or were their gnats flying about the dude's dread locks! He has to go because he looks like he smells. Bleck.
Post a Comment