Thursday, March 6, 2008

Top 8 Girls (and other stuff)

Let's get this out of the way because I've got far more important things to discuss. Last night the girls were pretty OK. Nothing particularly spectacular but not altogether stinky. Just pretty OK. I thought the best of the night was Brooke (again) and the worst was probably Kady (again). Amanda did my favorite Joan Jett song of all time so I rather enjoyed her for the first time. I still don't get what all the fuss is about. And I think all the judges were sipping Paula's joy juice. I think the 2 girls who should leave tonight are Kady and Danny Noriega.

Now, on to more important topics. Like how sad it made me to read about Patrick Swayze. He's one of those people indelibly linked to my youth and it's hard to imagine Johnny Castle having cancer. That's just not right.

On a brighter note, today Handiman and I took a little day trip to our brand-spankin new Super Target. They might as well have piped in the angelic hosts singing because I know I heard them as the doors opened. Everything was so clean, so new, so perfectly arranged, so enticing and close to my house!!!!!!!! Just like Big Nanny said it would be. (Thanks for the tip by the way. I had no idea they were open already) We took our time pricing produce and cereal, looking at TVs and belts, shoes and swimsuits, Little Debbie snack cakes and Easter candy. It was a beautiful experience and one I'm sure to have again very soon and very often.

While we were browsing we were met with one of the more uncomfortable aspects of our small community. You see, we're famous. It's not because we have sought fame but because it has been thrust upon us. Our church is the largest in our area. We have 3 different worship services and two different venues. It is a well known fact that if you sing in our choir you're going to be recognized by people out in the community whom you have never met but feel as though they know you because they see you on the stage each and every Sunday. I would imagine that the experience we had today is much like the one Brangelina has when they shop at Target.

So there we were, Daresa, shopping at Target when we were approached three separate times by people who seemed to feel we were their best buddies. They all greeted us with "Hey Guys!" and proceeded to shake our hands and ask us how we're doing and on and on and on, all the while Handiman and I have NO CLUE who these people are or how they know us. They eventually catch on (to our embarrassment) and tell us we attend the same church. Oops. We smiled, signed an autograph and moved on.

In other news, I want to thank you all for being patient with me as I went on my tirade about George yesterday. I feel much better today and I'm ready to forgive. And get Caller ID.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I am Tammy....a Super Target junkie!
Now that I have that off my chest I feel like a weight has been lifted. Thank you!

HunaBob said...

Did she tell you we moved simply to be closer to Super Target? Or that when we did move, the workers there thought they had upset us since we weren't in there as much as we used to? Or that the majority of our social acquaintances stand a better chance of seeing us there than anywhere else?

I have to be careful to not wear a red shirt and khakis in there because I'm in there so much that people really think I work there. Sad thing is, I probably no more about the place than most of the "team members".

I, too, am a Super Target junkie... *sigh*

Anonymous said...

We don't have a Super Target here in high falutin' Franklin. Sounds truly divine - I'm jealous.

I still really like that Amanda rocker chick. But then again, I own the Janis Joplin box set - I like that grungy rocky thing. It would help if she didn't fix her hair like a skunk.