Thursday, August 21, 2008

Someone should revoke my license to blog

I'm so disappointed in myself. I mean, there are bloggers all over this nation who would give their digital kits to have the kind of material I've been given over the past 2 weeks. And have I posted any of it? Nope. You know why? Because being a working mom will suck the life right out of you, that's why.

It takes alot of energy to be witty and wordy everyday and energy's the one thing I just don't have anymore. So now, I will try to piece together a small dose of what's been going on in Wood world.

Exhibit A:
My job is going great and I really love it. If you were here this time last year you know that is not something I'd ever thought I say. Job? Love it? Never crossed my mind. But I do. It's not just that I work with really great people and have kids hugging me all day. It's that in the midst of teaching computer class, drying kindergarten tears, silencing screamers, handling unfortunate potty accidents, breaking up fights on the playground, painting feet, listening to first graders read "I See Red" 35 times in a row and being put on intercom duty during dismissal, I managed to lose 5 pounds in my first week! And then I was handed my first paycheck in 8 years! Showers of blessing indeed.

Exhibit B:
Because our mailbox sits on a very busy street, it's taken more than a few hits in it's lifetime. The last one actually damaged the post so we ordered a new one which Handiman decided to install this past Saturday. This, of course, meant digging up the old post that was set in concrete. In true Handiman style, he decided the best way to get it out of the ground was with some good old-fashioned demolition. Just like the mailbox, his truck has taken a few hits too so he reasoned that if his bumper was already beat up, what's the harm in a little mailbox collision? So, he backed his pick up truck into it until it came loose. He did this while I was at the grocery store. He said there were people stopping in the middle of the street to watch him. I'm pretty sure our neighbors thought he was retaliating because of some sort of marital discourse. The unsettling thing is that nobody called the cops, which makes me think they were on his side.

Exhibit C:
Today while driving home from school I was talking to my mom on the phone when I heard some whimpering coming from the backseat. I look in my rear view mirror to see the Little Ocho with her lunchbox in front of her face. When I asked what was wrong I noticed she had gotten her hair stuck in the Velcro attached to the front flap. Is it wrong that my first reaction was not to help her but to laugh hysterically and say "Oh Man! I wish I had my camera so I could put this on my blog!"? Because if it is wrong, then I'm pretty sure I didn't do that. (Again, sorry there's no picture. And don't even try to understand why she had her entire face in her lunch box. It's not worth it.)

Now that everybody's all caught up I'll try to do better. I'll start by drinking some Red Bull and keeping my camera in my purse.

post signature

7 comments:

Alicia (dna) said...

Love, love, love Exhibit B!

You painted a great visual.

Exhibit C was great as well!

Glad it's going well.
God is good!

Alicia (dna) said...

Not that A wasn't good, it's just that B and C made me laugh!!

Nicole @ Four Real said...

Oh sweet Lydia! You don't know how bad I needed that visual and laugh tonight! :)

Ashley said...

Glad it is going well. What exactly are you doing on that intercom???

Tammy said...

Handiman knew better than to tackle that job while you were at the house. He knew his fate would have been right here for all to see. Darn it, maybe next time. Because you know the mailbox is going down again! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love Ocho!! I've never even met her but she is one of the great joys in life! These were great visuals!!
And your job sounds amazing!! I'm so glad that it's going well! I love to see what God does for his children!!

CEU said...

Poor Ocho! You failed to mention that you made the Herald! I'll bring you a copy Sunday. ;)