I know, I know. I've been seriously negligent. It's really a shame too because I've had really great blog material over the last five days. I'm just too stinkin tired to post it. So prepare yourself for a bland and mediocre update cause here it comes.
This past weekend my college roomie Tammy and her family paid us a visit. I have stories to tell and pictures to post but that will have to wait until the weekend when I can give it my full attention. For now, I'll leave you with this teaser.
Greek Grits meets Big Nanny:

Monday I officially started my job at Little Ocho's school and today I taught my very first computer classes. I feel pretty good about it and even had a few students come up and thank me for being their teacher this year. I have truly felt your prayers and would ask you keep them coming.
In all the busyness of the weekend and excitement over my new job, it's been almost overlooked that my sweet girl started 2nd grade. She's has the sweetest teacher (again) and is enjoying her class of 14 girls and 0 boys. Her teacher even hung princess curtains in the room. I'm predicting more than a few cat-fights before it's all over but for now they are getting along surprisingly well.
Here's the ceremonial shot:

So there you have it. I'm sorry I'm not more eloquent or witty or insightful. I just don't have it in me.


5 comments:
Glad to hear your first day in the teaching world was a success. I'll definitely keep you in my prayers!
Ocho! I love that child! And what a sweet picture she has colored for Molly!
Oh wow...the memories that photo of your daughter brings back. Those desks and the pencil boxes and stuff that went with grade school.
Glad you had such a wonderful day.
Get some rest! The blog world will be waiting in anticipation of all the stuff to share!!! :)
Hehehe... welcome to the world of teaching! I hope Dave cooks at least once a week so you can CRASH after school!!
Michelle K.
It's good to hear from you. I was beginning to worry but I so know the boat your in. Remember I started blogging right before I started a new job, which = no blog posts. If I didn't get a blog post today, I was going to write a blog post about how I missed you.
Post a Comment