Tuesday, August 5, 2008

When it's time to change then it's time to change

Peter Brady sure knew what he was talking about! The winds of change are blowing through the Wood house this week and it's about to turn into a raging monsoon.

Tomorrow I officially start my job at school. I will have 3 days of orientation (which should make me feel very well oriented) and then school starts on Monday. I've tried my best to prepare but so much of my job is just going to be trial and error. Hopefully, the error portion will be short-lived. I would certainly appreciate your prayers in the next couple of weeks. I know without a doubt I am exactly where I'm supposed to be because as my friend Joanne pointed out, God likes us to be totally beyond ourselves so we have to cling to Him. At the moment, I've got Him in a death-grip.

As if going back to work full-time after a 7 1/2 year hiatus wasn't enough to rock my world, we've decided to put our house back on the market. This will make the 3rd time we've tried to sell it in 2 1/2 years. To understand that, you'll need a little history.

You see, being married to a builder I've had aspirations of actually living in one the beautiful homes he's built for many years. 3 years ago we devised a plan that we would sell the house we were living in and rent something while waiting for Handiman to complete our dream home. Then we found out we were expecting Rebekah and plans quickly changed. Of course, our house had already sold by that point and waiting another year was not an option. At the time, we needed 4 bedrooms with one serving as Handiman's office. There was nothing in our price range so we bought our current home which was slightly out of our price range. One month later Rebekah was born and everything changed. (There's that word again.)

Our home is beautiful and in a wonderful location. We have plenty of space, lots of friends nearby and Super Target just down the road. But it also holds a lot of bad memories and has stretched us to our financial limit. God hasn't seen fit to let us out so far but now it feels like the time would be perfect. Handiman's business has one lot in a neighborhood not far from here and we'd love to build on it. We're ready for a fresh start. So, if you aren't too busy praying for my job anxiety, would you mind asking God to send us a buyer? With the current housing market, there would be no mistaking the fact that it's His doing. That's for sure!

So, with the new job and the house situation I'm feeling a little anxious and overwhelmed. But, as a wise and groovy singing group once said, when it's time to change you've got to rearrange who you are into what you're gonna be.

5 comments:

Melissa Lee said...

I will pray for sure.

But in the mean time...would you just please come take a look out in our neighborhood? I really need helping lowering the median age of this neighborhood. Me and Tabby Perko can't do it all.

Melissa

Big Nanny said...

Thank you for posting a Brady song. That was all kinds of awesome and when I get that song out of my head, I'll start praying;)

Tammy said...

Can I remind you that is my most favorite Brady Bunch episode and I have been known to bust out into this song. However, no one seems to know what I am singing.....thank you!

HunaBob said...

So, is this some kind of hint? We come visit, you put your house on the market. I'm sensing a trend (that and a need to come see you more frequently) as it looks like you are trying to make it more difficult to come see you.

Tammy and I will certainly pray for the quick sale of your home and for your forthcoming work adventures.

Just don't move before we get there Friday. I promise to (sort of) behave.

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

You just bust me up Teresa. I was raised by the Brady Bunch. My family can still sing just about every song from that show.

I can't wait to hear about the new job.

God is so good!

Hugs my friend, Joanne