Thursday, January 22, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

I don't normally like to use my blog as a place of deep, serious thoughts and since that's really all that's been plaguing our family in recent days I felt it best to stay away. But still, there are some who count on my posts to inform them of how we're doing (like my Mom. and Gena.) I don't want those people to get behind on the very important day to day adventures so, let's get caught up.

Children's choir has started up again and I'd like to take this opportunity to formally announce my retirement. That's right. This will be my last semester to teach. I'm pretty sure this will send shock waves across the land, kind of like when Brett Farve announced he was leaving Green Bay, but I felt it best to announce now.

In the span of a week, the Ocho has requested the following things: pierced ears, an MP3 player, a set of Wonder Hangers, a limo with a unicorn painted on the side, a Wii and for her dad to be president so she can live at the White House and have visitors like The Jonas Brothers. Clearly, she has her priorities in order.

"Lost" completely blew my mind last night. Luckily, that was exactly what I expected it to do. My favorite line of the night? Hurley's mom asking "Why is there a dead Pakistani on my couch?"

Today while I was teaching 2nd grade computer we watched a farmer chase a cow across the schoolyard. God Bless Middle Tennessee.

I never considered myself as someone who runs in diverse circles until I joined Facebook. This week I noticed I've got friends who like to curse, friends who love Obama and friends who stink at Pathwords. I'm way more inclusive than I thought I was.

Speaking of Facebook, I've had several long lost classmates from high school send me friend requests recently. With only one exception, they are all people who never cared much for me back in the day. I wasn't pretty enough, cool enough or wealthy enough to be their friend. I must tell you that hitting the "Ignore" button next to their picture has given me a satisfaction I didn't expect but have greatly enjoyed. It's all kinds of awesome.

I still don't have all the pictures from my Brady Bunch party and I refuse to make a slideshow until I do. If you took pictures of the "Silver Platters" (eric) and you haven't emailed them yet (eric), pretty please send them (eric) as soon as possible (eric).

I'm still living life American Idol Free and I have to tell you I'm feeling very liberated. I know that very soon all my friends are going to be having conversations about song choices, something Simon said and crazy Paula and I might feel left out but that's OK. It might do me good to see how TJ felt when we all started blogging.

Lastly, I'm still looking for a good book to read next month. If you've got a suggestion, leave me a comment.

post signature

3 comments:

Nicole @ Four Real said...

I hope the "friends that stink at PathWords" comment was not directed at me! I know I stink but I was the choreographer for your Brady Bunch party and a girl deserves some points for that alone! Trying to direct Rob alone is worth its weight in GOLD!

Nicole @ Four Real said...

I am cracking up right now! I had to let you know I just was checking my fb messages and a girl that HATED me in HS, I mean wanted to fight me every day my senior year (that's quality South Florida schooling for ya) sent me a friend request! Seriously? So, she either has lost her mind or she is planning to track me down and beat me up now. I think I could take her though. What do you think? :)

Tammy said...

No, Nicole, she was referring to me about the PathWords. It's ok, I'm perfectly happy with my less than stellar vocabulary.

I've had to IGNORE some folks on fb too. It is quite liberating I must say.