Thankfully, our headmaster made the difficult decision to shut down on Tuesday afternoon. This not only would allow those who are sick to recover but would hopefully keep it from spreading any further. And, oh yeah, it would give me a nice long break to recover from my JoBro Hangover.
I couldn't believe my good fortune since I had been dreading the early morning car line after a late night of rock n roll. I'm truly sorry to benefit so greatly from the suffering of so many, but boy am I lovin' this!
Since we had no warning that our weekend would be extended to 5 days, I had no time to plan projects or appointments or errands. So, it's been me & The Ocho, laying around watching TV, taking naps and doing lots and lots of nothing. I will even confess I fell off the 30 Day Shred wagon yesterday. But, no worries. Jillian and I met again this morning and she was just as sweet and enjoyable as I had remembered her.
Tomorrow we're thinking of actually leaving the house. I know. It's a bold step. But boredom is setting in for The Ocho and that's never a good thing. I have to consider though that her weekend will actually be 6 days long when all is said and done.
You see, when the flu became a very scary presence on Monday I became worried that she would end up sick right before the big JoBro surprise. And if that had happened I would have been crushed. So I did what any good parent would do. I kept my daughter out of school on the day of a big test so she wouldn't miss a rock concert. What can I say? I'm all about prioritizing. Hopefully, I can pass that trait down to future generations.


3 comments:
People gossip about your kind...parents that let their kids skip school for rock concerts.
People gossip about your kind...parents that let their kids skip school for rock concerts.
You rawk!
Post a Comment