Friday, August 21, 2009

Somewhere pigs are flying

I originally wanted to entitle this post "Satan must be freezing" but I was afraid of the Google searches that might lead here. I was also trying to be sensitive to those super-spiritual friends I have. But trust me, if the saying holds true, the devil's decked out in his winter finest today because I completed Day 30 of The 30 Day Shred this morning.

Did you hear that? I did the entire 30 days. No stopping. No cheating. No resting. I did it. And I did not die.

Now, let's understand something. I didn't enjoy it. Not one single, solitary minute of it. And there were 2 mornings that I strongly considered skipping it. But ultimately I decided I would not give Jillian the satisfaction.

Level 1 was brutal in the beginning but became easier by the 2nd week. Level 2 was killer and nearly made my lungs collapse. Level 3 was what hell must be like and never, ever, ever got easier. It was just as miserable this morning as it was 2 weeks ago.

But I did every Sumo Squat, every Superman, every Jumping Lunge, every Scissor Kick and every Rock Star Jump. And the sit-ups. Sweet mercy on my soul. The sit-ups were not my friend.

So, now you're asking if I can see the results. The answer is I'm not sure. I know that I've moved down a couple of notches in my belt and my pants feel looser. I know that my arms are way stronger. And the tape measure tells me I've lost 3 inches in my waist and 2 inches in my hips!

As far as weight loss goes, I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I've only lost 6 pounds so far but I know that I have to consider that I've gained muscle. I also have to consider that I had to give up my daily walk when school started. And let us not forget to consider that I have not denied myself dessert after dinner. And I've eaten fast food a couple of times. And I had Pancho's for lunch last Saturday.

So, all in all I suppose I'm on the right track. I have no intention of giving it up either. I've decided to keep going with Jillian but alternate levels during the week. And I'll keep on denying myself soft drinks, waffles with syrup and candy bars. But no worries. I'll not be going Vegan this week.

post signature

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I am proud of you!