Like how crazy the first day of school is. And how much time it takes to load lesson plans into the computer. And how frustrating it can be when your bulletin board paper keeps falling down. And how much your legs hurt after standing and walking up and down the hallway all day. And how much time kindergarten assessments take. And how much first grade filing there is to do. And how tricky it is to arrange a schedule between 4 teachers who all want you to aid in their classroom at the exact same time every Friday. And how hot it is on the playground at 1:00. And how impossible it is to call names over the intercom, answer the phone & help parents in the office during dismissal....at the same time.
I also forgot how cute the 3 year olds are with their backpacks on in the morning. And how fun it is to hear brand new kindergartners try to impress you with how high they can count. And how strange last year's first graders look in their 2nd grade class. And how good it feels to hear how excited kids are for computer classes to start. And how sweet it is to get hug after hug from students telling you they missed you over the summer.
It was also nice to be reminded of how blessed I am to work with the world's sweetest, funniest faculty who all happen to love Jesus more than life.
I might whine and complain about my job sometimes but the truth is now I remember why I love it.
(I figured if I wrote all this down, I could read it in January when it's 20 below in the car line, I'm running out of patience with the kindergartners and Spring Break is a million years away. We'll see if it works.)



No comments:
Post a Comment