Saturday, August 29, 2009

Coming of Age

She's spent 8 long years in our house. 8 years eating our food, spending our money and controlling our TV programming. Today we decided that 8 years was long enough. It's time she starts earning her keep.

When we were kids, Handiman and I both had to pay our dues. And from the time we brought this little angel into the world, we knew we'd be old school in our approach. You might remember that we started her off easy a few months back with this:


Now it's time to bring out the big guns. Ladies and gentleman, may I present The Little Ocho in her inaugural ride on The Big Orange:

Yes, it's true that Handiman had to go behind her and fix that lovely zig zag pattern she created in our backyard but proper technique comes with practice. And we'll make sure she has plenty of that. My only regret is that we don't have a push mower.

post signature

5 comments:

Gena said...

Looks like she's doing a great job to me. But, then again, I've never mowed a lawn in my life!

Ashley said...

YOU ARE VERY VERY BRAVE!!! I think a stick shift is in her future!

jam'n bell said...

I have a push mower!! LOL!!

Nicole @ Four Real said...

Ok, Noah is out there next Saturday.

Tammy said...

Oh my gosh. Now THAT is comedy. I have tears from laughing so hard!