Yeah. I told her she could leave the room with that kind of attitude.
Actually, so far I'm loving it too. It's been tiring getting into a new routine but once we get to school things go pretty well. Since I'm trying to be good and have a quiet time and a workout time before school every morning, I'm setting the old alarm clock for 4:45 am. You heard me. 4:45am. Who knew it would go off that early? I certainly didn't. But in fact, it does.
This year's bringing a lot of other changes too. One of the biggest happened for the first time today. Back at the end of last year the principal brought up an idea during my exit interview. She asked me to think about it over the summer and let her know if I'd be interested. Our school has 2 separate chapel services, one for K3 - 1st grade and another for 2nd - 5th grade. Our music teacher has been leading the worship time in both chapels on top of her music and piano classes and Dr. Nichols thought it might help her out if I took over the 1st chapel duties.
I suppose I inadvertently auditioned for the job last year when I filled in a few times. Because I've lead children's music so much at church it kind of comes naturally to me, although my style was a little different than what they were used to. I figured there was no harm in it since I only did it every once in a while. But lo and behold, I guess they've decided it might be OK to get their groove on once a week since they offered me the gig.
I accepted the responsibility and officially debuted during today's first chapel service of the school year. I can't tell you how handy all those VBS and children's choir CD's are that I've collected over the years. And all those motions I've learned? Priceless.
Since I officially retired from VBS music last year and Children's Choir this year, I suppose God wasn't happy with me sitting on the sidelines. He closed the door at church and promptly opened it up wide at school. So never fear all you TSC Peeps who keep telling me I need to be leading children's music! Believe me, I will be. And what makes it even more fun is that I'm gonna have kids jumping, shouting and waving their hands in a little Presbyterian church. His wonders never cease.


3 comments:
Oh no! I just retired my children's choir hat after 20 years (can you EVEN believe it?). Wonder what I'll be doing next! Congrats to you! I know you're the BOMB!
I say go with "For the wages" and hire a chain gang for next week. That will get them on their feet!!! :)
I've got some awesome 09 VBS music! You could rock the dock:)
Post a Comment