Oh I'm just kidding. Sorta.
The event that I was not at liberty to mention was in fact Susannah's homecoming. Their family wanted to keep it a surprise so I didn't want to post the details. I mean, I'm sure I've got lots of readers in China and you can never be too careful. And if you're looking for the link to Leslie's blog, I actually did include it in my last post but unfortunately my new blog design doesn't make links visible. But I promise if you CLICK HERE you will find it.
Last night I paid a visit to my beloved Hair Whisperer. He molded my bangs back to a reasonable length and entertained me with stories about harassing the Indian couple who owns the local Subway. I heart him. And at least for today, I will have supermodel hair.
And now I will leave you with a story from school that I'm sure you will enjoy.
Part of my job as a teacher's aid is to facilitate phonics assessments with each individual student. I call them out into the hall one at a time and ask them a few questions then document their answers which are kept in a binder and presented to their parents during their teacher conference.
Yesterday was all about the letter "T". They had to identify it, write it, tell me what sound it makes and give me an example of a word that starts with "T". Easy enough.
They were doing a marvelous job and coming up with words like turtle, tiger, top and talking. Then a sweet, quiet little girl when asked the question, paused for a while with a very thoughtful look and gave me a word that one might hear at a construction site or on HBO to identify a part of the female anatomy. And no, I'm not going to type it here.
The worst part was that when she first said it, I thought I misunderstood and asked her to repeat it. Which she did. Very loudly and with a magnificent southern drawl. I debated for about 10 minutes on whether or not to document her answer. I also tried really hard to quit laughing. I ended up doing neither. I wrote the word "tot" instead since I was certain she had the concept.
Tonight I will be reunited with my friends at Dunder Mifflin and I'm just a little bit excited about that. And yes, for those who have asked, I will be sharing my favorite quotes tomorrow. And if you don't watch the show, then too bad for you. It's my blog and I can quote if I want to.
Have a great day!



1 comment:
Oh my gosh, I would have turned into a third grader and laughed my head off. *snort*
I'm helping up at our school tomorrow, I can only hope something blogworthy will happen to me!
Post a Comment