Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My joy is incalculcable

Today I still have a cough. And a soar throat. I didn't fall asleep until around midnight last night and I woke up to my alarm screaming at 5:00am.

I headed off to school where all my lesson plans quickly went down the drain thanks to a software problem and a few computer freezes.

The students were still wired from the holiday weekend and refused to listen, be quiet or sit still.

The only thing I had taken out for dinner had to be cooked. With a recipe. Which required me to stand up and work about 30 minutes longer than I wanted to.

And yet, I am still happy. Joyful. Downright Giddy. Because all day I had big plans to stop by Super Target and pick something up after work. And it was right there waiting on me, just as I knew it would be.



And so, tonight I'll be swimming in a sea of bonus features and replaying the "Dinner Party" episode over and over and over again. Just like Michael says, it's going to be love at first see with my ears.

post signature

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I totally knew you would die at the title of my post today. It was for you baby!

Ok, I am still not in the Office loop. I guess I need to take it from the top and work my way in. I hear so much about the show.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Nicole @ Four Real said...

And you didn't even ask me to come over and watch it??????????? I AM SO JEALOUS! I hope you feel better soon! I can't wait until Michael Scott is a weekly viewing!

Big Nanny said...

incalculcable? where do you get such big words...must be from your new educational environment.

Teresa said...

Oh Big Nanny! You call yourself and Office fan and yet you do not know Michael's most famously mispronounced word? It was from Season 1 so you might have missed it. It still makes me giggle to hear him say it. I did my best to spell it just as he says it. (In case you were thinking I don't know how to spell.)