Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Miracles Happen

Last night we gathered with over a hundred people on the front lawn of some friends to welcome them home from China with their precious new daughter. While everyone was certainly there to show their love and support for the Irwin's and sweet Susannah, it was also a night to acknowledge our God and the way He showed Himself ever present in their time of trouble.

I have to admit that while I know he CAN heal all diseases and deliver us from all evil, I don't often believe He will. Last week He helped my unbelief.

I challenge you to take some time and visit Leslie's blog and start with the post dated Sept 14th. Read for yourself just what God can do when His people will humble themselves and pray.

Because of that week in Susannah's life my faith was forever changed.


Their family has a long and difficult journey ahead of them. Even today Susannah will meet with doctors at Vanderbilt to determine what steps need to be taken to save her life. Please pray for her healing. And pray for Charlie, Leslie and their sons who have answered God's call in complete obedience. I can't imagine all they are facing but God knows what's ahead. And if He can work such miracles in just one week, just imagine what He can do with her lifetime!

"It is of Jehovah's lovingkindnesses that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

post signature

2 comments:

Paula V said...

What's Leslie's blog site? I didn't find anything in your post linkable to it.

Tammy said...

This is such good news. I flipped through their blog the other day when you posted about it. And I said a prayer for them.

Please keep us posted!