I have been working full-time for over one month now and I can say with absolute certainty that if you want me to do anything like call you on the phone, go out to dinner, speak at a conference, come a few hours early for children's choir auditions, help you set up the new children's wing or write something on this blog.....I'M TOO BUSY. I DON'T HAVE TIME. THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE. I'M SWAMPED. And I totally mean it.
Seriously, how do women do it? I have looked at my schedule and realized that I am allowed exactly 45 minutes every night of free time before I go to bed. And by "free time" I mean I can choose to do any number things like sort laundry, clean house, bathe the dog, mop the kitchen, return emails or post here. Or I could lay on the couch and do nothing, which has been my activity of choice most nights. Mostly because my legs ache and my head and/or feet are killing me. But that's another post for another day.
But what about the weekend you ask? Well, what about it?????????? Saturdays are consumed with grocery shopping and doing all those fun activities I listed above that I chose not to spend my free 45 minutes doing during the week. And Sunday I go to my other job, a/k/a church.
To all you women who like to bring home the bacon and fry it up in a pan. Yada, yada, yada........... I salute you. I have no idea how you do it. Or why you enjoy it so much you actually sing about it.
I don't want to give the impression that I don't like my job. Actually, I love it. But I miss my free time. I miss wearing sweats all day and watching Paula Deen. I miss having lunch with my friends and hitting Target in the middle of the day. And I miss writing. And I really appreciate those who have said they miss me.
But this is my new normal and I'm still adjusting. Hopefully I'll strike a balance soon. I mean, if Sarah Palin can raise five kids and run an entire state while managing to drive herself to work, cook her own meals, hunt moose and look incredibly fashionable, surely I can manage.


6 comments:
This is great!
With a little editing, it would actually make a good newsletter article. Hint, hint!
Hang in there, it will get better. The aches in the legs will eventually go away. I used to teach in heels every day and now I can barely walk in heels. Pathetic, I know.
You are my hero! There is NO WAY I could do it. You are doing great. Hang in there and we'll wait patiently for your wonderful writings. Don't give that up!!!!!
Well, I understand and still loves ya' bunches. I'm glad to hear you like you job and look forward to one day hearing tales of teaching children.
I firmly believe that there is a GREAT reward in heaven for teachers. There has to be.
Welcome to the wonderful world of teaching!!! This is my struggle every August. Hang in there!!!
Thanks for spending today's 45 minutes with your peeps;) It does get better...kinda.
Right now my time is early in the morning. I'm generally so tired I fall asleep between 9 and 10 at night. Sometimes the kids are still awake and poking me, lol! It is crazy though. I'm lucky in that Greg is home right now and doing laundry & dishes.
It'll get better and honestly, no one is going to smack you down for not cleaning house or as I tell myself, hopefully the last thing people remember about me is not that I had a messy house, lol!
Hugs!
Post a Comment