You can't tell but I'm whispering. I awoke this morning unable to speak. It seems that the Black Plague coupled with an entire Sunday afternoon of children's choir auditions and an hour-long choir class has rendered me voiceless. While not being able to speak clearly has disadvantages, there is an upside. For instance, if a friend calls wanting you to come over so her kid can play with your kid and then she hears you speak and you sound like the creepy guy on the phone in the Scream movies, she'll kindly suggest that she just come pick up your daughter and let her play all day at her house since "you don't sound so good." Awesome! Thanks Robyn.
My weekend wasn't really much to speak about so I guess it's a good a time as any to lose my voice. There was a skating party on Saturday for one of Little Ocho's classmates. She actually skated unassisted for 2 solid hours. Was not expecting that. She's only skated a couple of times in our garage so I didn't hold out hope that the party was going to be too much fun for either one of us. I was pleasantly surprised. Of course, now she thinks she's Kristi Yamaguchi on wheels and wants to turn our downstairs into a roller rink.
Let's see...what else? Well, there was church and the aforementioned spring musical auditions. I only made 2 kids cry. Just kidding. We held auditions for 3 hours and only 6 kids showed up. The good news is we get to do it again next Sunday when the remaining 150 kids will show up all at the same time. I might actually make someone cry next week. That's something to look forward to I guess.
This weekend also held a lot of TV watching and blog reading. I've also discovered the joy of watching old episodes of Lost on ABC.com. It provides high quality streaming video with limited commercial interruption and lots of mysterious, creepy, whatintheworldisgoingon Lost goodness from seasons past. It also allows me to refresh my memory on important stuff like what the monster looks like, how many stories Jack's dad is tied into and how many ingenious nicknames Sawyer comes up with in an episode. (My favorite this week, by the way, was Gizmo) Speaking of Gizmo, anyone completely freaked out by the ending of last week's episode? Ben is the devil. That is all.
So to recap there was roller skating, spring musical auditions, lots and lots of "Lost" and laryngitis.
So there you have it. Not much to talk about. Which is a good thing because I can't talk. Did I mention that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment