Tonight each contestant was asked to reveal something about themselves that nobody in America knows. Of course, we just met them last week and barely know their first names yet but whatever. I thought the best reveal of the night was crazy Paula wanting to dangle Archuleta from her rear view mirror. She must be stopped.
So, here's how I saw it:
Michael Johns - He plays tennis. He has a cute accent. He looks like he should be on a soap opera with a name like "Ridge" or "Cliff" or "Stone". He sang Fleetwood Mac. I love Fleetwood Mac. I voted for him.
Jason Castro - He hate interviews and was charming talking about how much he hates talking. I agree that he needs to lose the guitar next week but he sang Andy Gibb who holds a special place in my heart. I voted for him too.
Luke Menard - He sings in an a capella group. You know who else sings a capella? Andrew Benard. Here Comes Treble. Cornell. Every heard of it? I miss The Office. I wonder if Angela & Andy will still be dating when it comes back. I hope so. That is comedy gold. Oh wait. Luke was singing. Sorry I drifted off.
Robbie Carrico - He's a drag racer and according to the judges, a disingenuous rock wannabe. I thought he was OK. Did you know he once dated Britney Spears? That'll cost him.
Danny Noriega - Please.Make.It.Stop.
David Hernandez - He was a gymnast. Didn't see that comin'. I thought he was very good tonight. He's a great singer and has good stage presence.
Jason Yeager - He's self-taught on 3 instruments. Dude. That's impressive. Too bad you were so cheestatic tonight.
Chikezie - The name is Nigerian! Now I get it! Also, way to come back. I thought he was in the top 3 of the evening. Great song and great performance. I voted for him.
David Cook - He's a word nerd. I'm married to one of those and I'm sorry but Handiman could totally put the smack down on him in a Word Nerd competition. That being said, he did pretty good tonight. He made a grave error in talking back to Simon though. It's just not a good idea this early in the game.
David Archuletta - a/k/a The Winner. It was cool to see that video of him singing for the Season 1 contestants. Even though he sang one of my least favorite songs OF ALL TIME (we call it "the communist manifesto" at my house) he did an amazing job. He is absolutely the best singer and barring any unforeseen scandal or vocal paralysis, he will win. I voted for him but it took forever to get through.
I predict Jason Yeager & Luke Menard will go home. I wish it would be Danny but I know it won't. It's better to just accept it now and move on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
All I have to say is...
I can't believe you like Fleetwood Mac. I find this fact shocking.
I lied. I have more to say...
That David boy can sang. I don't care for the communist song either.
I am so glad you are keeping me posted on Idol. I have them all on the DVR but can't find time to watch them.....*sigh* Somehow we end up watching Hannah Montana or something else.
We MUST get a 2nd TV....yes, we are the ONLY house in the free world with one TV.
I love David A. and so does my daughter. She had a BIG 'OL smile on her face while he was singing!
Post a Comment