Sorry for the delay in posting today. Handiman decided to actually work in his office this morning so that meant no computer for me. It did give me time to ponder the mediocrity that was girl's night on AI. Here are my thoughts.
It's not so easy for me to predict the top 6 girls. I went in with high expectations. Maybe that was my first mistake. There were a few surprises from people that I hadn't heard much from but the one's I was looking forward to sorta let me down. If I had to decide today, my top 6 would be Alaina, Brooke, Asiah, Ramiele, Amanda and Carly. I'm not necessarily crazy about all of them but for now, they're my picks.
I felt sorry for Kristy Lee since she was sick and had to go first but she seriously should have picked a better song. I also did not get Amanda's song choice. I'm not a huge fan of the growling rocker sound but I like her. I just didn't understand anything about what she was singing. Kady's impression of Britney Spears was spot-on. Unfortunately, her impression of Kady was dismal. And let me go on record as saying I don't think Carly should be on the show. It's irritating that she has already made a record with a major label and still gets to be a contestant. Of course, that's not nearly as irritating as her creepy tattoo. I actually considered voting for her just for wearing sleeves. Then Randy & Paula fawned all over her and it got on my nerves. Now I'm back to not liking her. I'm sure she will be devastated.
My picks to go home tonight are Joanne(Say a Little Prayer) and Amy (Where the Boys Are). They were both way out of their league and need to be put out of their misery.
Having said that, I must add that Amy & my good buddy Danny Noriega will probably be with us for a while. VoteForTheWorst.com has picked them both. If you're not familiar with this website, it was created by people who have it in for the entire AI system. They encourage people to vote for their picks each week to keep them on the show. Sadly, every season it seems to work and the most annoying singers remain while more talented ones are sent packing. I tend to think that's how Fantasia won. I could be wrong.
I can't wait to watch them stretch 4 minutes worth of drama out for a solid hour tonight. I'm sure they'll sing some cheesy group version of a 60's classic and then hold hands and cry as Ryan reads back all the nasty things Simon said about them. Honestly, I'll just be using them to kill time until "Lost" comes on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment