Friday, February 8, 2008

The Many Moods of Molly

Today's post will pay tribute to the lesser known member of the Wood family. She's been with us for 10 months and has added endless minutes of enjoyment to our everyday lives. I thought it was time to give her the spotlight she deserves. She has earned many nicknames from her adoring family. Among them, Molly Dolly, Little Stinky, Worthless Sack of Skin and her personal favorite, Stupid Dog. Her many hobbies include napping, snacking on Pupperoni treats, scattering garbage around the house that was mistakenly left accessible in the laundry room, pooping in the closet, hiding dog food under couch cushions and whining when she's denied access to her favorite pillow, spot on the couch or your lap. She has many moods which I have tried to capture on film. It wasn't easy. She's a complicated girl.

Molly #1. This is sweet inquisitive, loving and obedient Molly. You just want to pick her up and squeeze her to pieces. Then you realize how bad she smells and quickly put her down.

Molly #2. This is "You can't be serious" Molly. This is the Molly that is hiding from Lydia when she wants to dress her in a Bitty Baby dress and force her to dance to "Fabulous" for the 79th time. It's also the Molly that is tired of you pointing that shiny silver box in her face that emits a bright light. Also known as "I'm so over you get out of my face" Molly.

Molly #3. This is the "I can't believe this is my life" Molly. The Molly that has resigned herself to being photographed, mocked and dressed up to sing "Fabulous" for the 79th time because she is after all only 6 lbs and 4 inches off the ground. What can she do about it? Nothing, that's what. Also occasionally referred to as "Yoda Molly"

Molly #4. This is my favorite, "Can I have your attention please Molly". This Molly is wanting something; a treat, a scrap from the table, a trip outside, a rabbit in the yard or an invitation to sit in your lap. It's my favorite because of the ears. This should require no further explanation.

I tried to get "I'm trying to nap leave me alone" Molly but, of course, I'd wake her up when I turned the camera on and was met with Molly #2.I hope you have all enjoyed getting to know Molly better. By the way, she was just scooped up and taken into Lydia's bedroom where untold torture awaits. (Please refer to Molly #3)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

okay are you waiting for someone to leave a cute Molly comment. Because I will... she is a sweet sweet girl!