From what I understand there was a lot of boxing talk, a couple of cheestastic original songs, some hair gel, some squinting, and some decent singing. Some forums say Cook took a dive while others say he simply got out-performed by Archie. I honestly can't give an informed opinion this week because I am extremely uninformed. Last night was Ocho's last softball game and when we returned home we found that technical difficulties had impaired our recording device and there was no AI to be viewed. In other words, we missed it. ON FINALE NIGHT!!! I know. I know.
Anyway, I did find the performances on YouTube and in my usual bipartisan fashion, I only watched Cook's. Because I can't drum up enough interest to watch Archie sing 3 more ballads especially when one of them is the communist manifesto. I do wish Cook had repeated "Hello". I was kind of counting on that. Oh well. I got a pretty good idea of what went down from reading a few forums and visiting my friend Tammy's blog this morning. We are of like mind where AI is concerned (among many other things) so I will trust her analysis completely.
Honestly, I'm not all that disappointed I missed it. I always enjoy the finale results show way more. I like watching all the rejects make a triumphant return and seeing video of the worst auditions at the beginning of the season. They usually bring at least one back to sing live which is so awkwardly, embarrassingly terrible that I can't look directly at it. My favorite of all time was this one, by the way. I understand my fave Carrie Underwood will be making an appearance tonight as well as the cute-as-a-button Jonas Brothers. And then there will be that tension filled moment where Seacrest drags out the announcement that ends our long national nightmare and we bid farewell to crazy Paula for another year. Now that is something to look forward to.
and GO DAVID COOK!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Not that I'm an addict or anything, but, ummm, your DVR failed to perform last night?! Oh the terror.
Thanks for the Leandre Star Spangled Banner link. Hilarious!
I am freakin'. We have our final night of Awana tonight at 6pm. I'm gonna need promptness so we can get outta there. And if my DVR fails I may pass out!
Post a Comment