Wednesday, May 7, 2008

News that could change your life

Wouldn't that be great? If I actually had news like that. Well, I don't. I just have a really boring post which I feel obligated to write so that I'm not just blogging about TV. So, where to start? Oh yeah, TV.

American Idol. Ummmm. OK. I'm seriously out of stuff to say. I mean can we just get on with it already? The Dave's are heading to the final, Syesha is bound for Broadway and poor, sweet Jason has just given up trying. I mean who looks at the entire Rock and Roll Hall of Fame songbook and picks "I Shot The Sheriff?" Somebody who wants to go home, that's who.

In more riveting news, I spent the day at school. It was my day to volunteer and since there's only 1 1/2 weeks left , there wasn't much for me to do. I laminated artwork and watched the kids rehearse for their spring music program tomorrow night. The 1st - 5th graders will be saluting America through song and I just have to say I almost cried during rehearsal. I would love for you to believe it's because I am true patriot but actually it's because I wasn't prepared for what I saw. There was the Little Ocho standing on risers in a high school auditorium singing "America, The Beautiful" and looking less like a little girl than she had 2 hours prior. Her teacher also told me today that a little boy in her class has a crush on her. Terrific.

I still don't have a job, in case anybody was wondering. I do have an exciting prospect but I can't elaborate just yet. Just pray that God will open the door and then mark it clearly with a big neon sign so I won't miss it. Thank you.

So, I guess for me Wednesday is all about living life on the edge and making every second count. Or it could just be about waiting for Thursday to be here so I can get to the really important matters at hand. Like when will Jim propose? And how do the Oceanic 6 make it off the island? Can you imagine how much I would post if I watched more than 3 programs? There would be no stopping me!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Yea, I'd like to be able to title a blog "you'll never believe who rang my doorbell" (Ed McMahon) :-)
Been praying for you, friend!