Friday, May 9, 2008

The Office - Let's euthanize this place.

Thanks to the local job fair, Michael realized that selling paper isn't necessarily considered a cool job and thanks to persistence and hard work Jim realized selling paper can be rewarding. Thanks to Darryl wearing a tie, Kelly thinks she's dating Barack Obama and thanks to the last 5 minutes of the show, I'm a little worried our little Pam is thinking of leaving reception behind. I've read that there is an Office spin-off in the works for next year and someone will be leaving Dunder Mifflin to star in it. J & P perhaps? I'm not sure how I feel about that. I actually don't want anybody to leave but I can't worry about that right now. Perhaps it will all be made clear in next week's season finale.

Here's what I loved about Job Fair: Michael's"cool" outfit, Andy's blistys, Michael's conceptual single sheet of blank paper, Andy putting lotion inside his gloves, The employee's mass exodus, Jim actually trying at his job, Creed calling Angela pumpkin, Andy wrecking the golf cart and the big Jim & Pam kiss complete with Kevin & Andy's musical accompaniment and Michael's creepy stare.

Here are my favorite quotes:

Jim: So, I am about to do something very bold in this job that I've never done before: Try.

Pam: So many memories in this old gym: Pretending to have PMS so I didn't have to play volleyball. Pretending to have PMS so I didn't have to play basketball. Those were the days.

Kevin: What are we talking? Skins? Acee Deucee? Bingo Bango Bongo? Sandies? Barkies? Wolf? What?

Michael: Hey. How you doin'? Listen, I think that a handsome, funny, smart, funny lookin' kid like you shouldn't limit himself. You can do whatever you wanna do. You can be a classy janitor or a cashier with dignity. Or a... migraine worker. Maybe for you paper should be more of a hobby.

Pam: Michael. Do you remember you specifically told me to bring one sheet of paper. You said it only takes one sheet to make a difference. I said, 'are you sure Michael?' And you said, 'Pam! Pam! Pam!' And then you sneezed in my tea and then you said, 'don't worry it's just allergies.' Do you remember that?

Pam: Are you serious?
Michael: Yes. And don't call me Shirley.

Darryl: The booth is lame without it.

Michael: Yeah, I'm trying to lure these kids into my booth. But, uhh, kids are very weary of being lured, these days. Thank you Dateline.

Dwight: Excuse me, people. It has come to my attention that some of you have forgotten who is in charge here. When Michael is gone Jim is in charge. When Jim is gone, Andy and I are in charge. When Andy is gone, you answer to me. Okay?

Creed: I finished my work months ago.

Michael: Justin is the ugly girl in the movie who takes off her glasses and she's hot. And you realize she was always hot she was just wearing glasses. And that you were the blind one. He's the most important thing in my life right now.

Pam: I just drove twenty miles round trip to the office to get Michael a single sheet of white paper. So, I could have just had him fax it to me, I guess.

Michael: Dunder Mifflin, a great place to work! Anybody? Show of hands, anybody want to intern at Dunder Mifflin. We do not offer college credit, we can not give you any sort of pay, but it is a really fun work environment. Anybody? Show of hands?

No comments: