Each first grader with a pet and a parent willing to haul said pet to school 30 minutes before pick-up could have 5 minutes to hold their pet up in front of their class and tell everything they know about them, which pretty much amounted to their name and hold old they are. Then they paraded them around the playground and had the ultimate show-down of "my dog is cuter than your dog". It was fierce. Molly held her own and I have to say, she can bring on the charm when she needs to.
Of course, being the fashionista that she is, Ocho knew she needed to bring it for Pet Day. This morning she jumped out of the bed, went immediately into her closet and pulled out her "My heart belongs 2 my Dog" t-shirt. Brilliant. Of course, she then forgot to turn out the closet light.
So today Molly and I showed up for the big day. There were lots of dogs, a few cats, a frog and 3 goats. Those who have heard me talk about Ocho's classmates can no doubt guess which one brought the goats. (Here's a hint......she likes it when I saaaaaannnng sume'm)

On a completely unrelated topic I would now like to bring it to your attention that tonight I, for the first time in my illustrious cooking career, made kabobs. I'm not sure what got into me but I've always wanted to try and so tonight I did. They were honey-ginger chicken kabobs and they were delish. This has nothing whatsoever to do with Pet Day. I simply want credit for trying.


1 comment:
At our school there is a 1st grade pet show. Naturally they had it this weekend while we are on our beach trip. Madison was quite upset she was missing it!
Bravo on the kabobs! I am proud.
Post a Comment