If you haven't ever played this, don't start. Because you won't be able to stop. And it will also freak you out to the point of extreme paranoia. It's called 20Q and I've seen them at Target for around $10. We found it still in it's packaging for $1. SCORE! In a nutshell, this little plastic ball has you to think of an object then it asks 20 random questions and somehow guesses what you're thinking correctly. It's the craziest toy in the world and I can't stop playing with it. We've managed to beat it a few times but 98% of the time it reads your mind. Very freaky. And very fun.
It served as the perfect entertainment yesterday for our annual Mother's Day lunch. For the past several years we have hosted both sides of the family after church. All 3 moms contribute food (which seems a little wrong, don't cha think?). This year we feasted on pork roast, mac & cheese, sweet potatoes, green beans, corn & yeast rolls and then RubyDooby gave us all a reason to shout Hallelujah! when she presented her homemade Paula Deen Strawberry Cake. Oh.My.Word. It was good in a best thing I've ever tasted kind of way.
After we had all eaten ourselves into a coma we sat around trying to beat the 20Q but no such luck. We tried everything from hair to movie to shovel and it would guess every time. Harleyman was convinced it was a trick until we told him not to say his object out loud. We then let Ocho hold it and ask the questions. And yes. It guessed what he was thinking by asking questions like "Is it used by the police?" and "Will it bend without breaking?" And by the way, it was a tire. Have I mentioned it's freaky?
It's actually a really fun game that kids and adults can both enjoy without getting bored. It's also a great travel toy. Ocho and I played it all the way to school this morning. I also love the added benefit of Ocho being able to play it alone and find out how it feels to be asked random, mindless questions incessantly.


3 comments:
We have this game and I love it. I think we were obsessively playing it Christmas 06. It is very freaky but is so entertaining.
I too found this item a bit weird yet amusing and mindless fun! Sounds like you had a terrific Mother's Day.
Oh! it was cake the 20Q thing got it right is this what RubyDooby's
making again yum yum when I come to your house I thought it would be Thanksgiving but since it's next week I don't think I'll get that
cake at Big Nanny's
Post a Comment