They are going to be in a group of about 15 Hannah Montana fans who chase her to her limo as she runs out of a building. When you see the movie, be sure and look out for that scene and then think to yourself "Wow, Teresa knows three of them! That practically makes her BFF's with Miley Cyrus."
(Also, they gave me some insider scoop. It seems that Miley & her leading man in the movie have a little mutual crush thing going on. My friend heard her talking to someone yesterday asking them to find out if he likes her. It's nice to know she actually acts like a 15 year old.)
Now that I knew there was actually going to be filming today, I was even more determined to see something of substance so we marched ourselves around to the other side of the building and waited. And waited. And waited some more. Then we bought a hot dog from a very wise man who set up a stand on the corner.
At this point we were hot, tired and almost ready to give up. I called my mom, who lives close by, and asked her bring us some sunscreen and we decided to give it a while longer. After a few minutes mom called my cell. I thought she was just trying to locate us in the crowd. Instead she frantically belted out "Where are you!?!?!?! Get over here!!!!! She's sitting right in front of me!!!!!!!!" Because I am a sweet, kind, gracious Christian woman, I quietly grabbed the Ocho's hand and led her through the crowd back across the street without notifying anyone else around me that Miley Cyrus was just around the corner. I mean, I didn't want to make a scene. And also, I didn't want all those people getting in front of us. Don't judge me. You'd have done the same thing.
As soon as we got there I saw the crowd gathering and people screaming "MILEY! MILEY!" And......there she was, sipping a soda and talking on her cell phone. She had Miley hair, not Hannah hair(if you are a fan, you know the difference)and she wore a beautiful royal blue shrug, white dress and cowboy boots. She leaned back to wave her arms at us a few times but for the most part we were all just waiting, screaming and waving at her. This was our view:
You see that blue spot in between the pole and the tree? Yeah. That's her.
After an eternity had passed, or maybe 30 minutes, she got up to walk to her waiting SUV. As she approached she came directly towards us and the Ocho started waiving as hard as she could. Miley got about 15 feet away and right then, she looked right at the Little Ocho.....and waved back. And the Earth. Stood. Still.
As she passed Mom tried to take some pictures. The first one came out a little blurry:
And once again, that pesky pole got in the way:
But it gives you an idea of just how close Ocho's brush with greatness really was. We might have been able to score an autograph if we had waited longer but 2 hours was just about all the time I could commit to celebrity stalking for the day, so we left. It didn't matter though. The Ocho was completely satisfied with her wave.
She saw Miley. And Miley saw her. What more do you need?
Thanks for the tip April!
**Edited to add: I just saw a glorious view of our backsides on Nashville's News 2 at 5:00. I saw the camera crew there and figured we might make the newscast. Lo and behold, our behinds are famous.


5 comments:
so I have one very jealous little girl in my house who is wishing right now she was at your house! That's what happens when you have two brothers and one on the way. Mom is just too tired! That is so fun and what a great memory! I am glad you at least got to see her after waiting for so long! I'll look for you on the news!
How fun! I had no idea. Boy, that looks like a good dog.
Oh my goodness, could you please arrange for us to stalk Miley when we come visit.....which I am still working on dates.
That's some big doings the first week of summer vacation. My husband and Spencer were down there earlier this week; went into Ted's, and came home. Boring!
No worries, tell Big Nanny that he hot dog man is set up all the time.
I know a certain little boy that would die to see Hannah Montanna/Miley Cyrus too! I keep missing all of the local sightings! Bummer!
Post a Comment