Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Why do I suddenly feel famous?

So Miley Cyrus and her family came into town a couple of weeks ago to film the Hannah Montana movie and since their farm is just a few miles from here Little Ocho has been holding out hope for a glimpse of The Great One.

Well, then this whole Vanity Fair thing broke and I'll admit I felt very disappointed. And not disappointed like "there goes another crazy Hollywood nut job down the drain" disappointed. I've reacted a little more maternal than that. First of all, I want to know why nobody in the media seems bothered that the photographer even suggested that a 15 year old girl take off her shirt for a photograph. Does this not seem a bit, oh I don't know, illegal to anyone? And yes, I'm more than a little upset with her parents and management for allowing her to be in this magazine in the first place. It's not like her fan base reads Vanity Fair for goodness sake. Then there is Miley herself. Should she know better? Absolutely. But she's 15 and she's admitted her mistake and asked for forgiveness. So I'm going to give it to her. I'm also going to pray Little Ocho doesn't get wind of the whole ugly incident. Cause I really don't want to explain it all to her. So far, she's clueless.

Anyway, that's not at all what this post is about. This post is about me wanting to know the latest on the scandal. I did a little Google search a little while ago and found a paparazzi website claiming to have seen her with her sister around town today. Then I saw the pictures and I have to admit, I became a little giddy that there is a controversy going on. You know why?

THE PAPARAZZI PHOTOGRAPHED HER SHOPPING AT OUR BRAND NEW SUPER TARGET!!! 10 MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE!!! (I know this because the picture is larger on the website and you can read the address - just in case you doubt me and think all Targets look alike - which of course they do)

That's right Spring Hill peeps. We just might end up on the pages of US Magazine if we play our cards right.

3 comments:

Alicia (dna) said...

Guess who we saw at Target yesterday? This is exactly what she was wearing and we saw the paparazzi taking the pictures. Check out my blog for the whole story. (don't get your hopes up, it's not that exciting!)
Alicia

Anonymous said...

And if you went to the right church and worked at the Welcome Center on Sunday mornings you would get to be on paparazzi alert every week for the next four months.

That's right, baby, I'm armed and ready for the smackdown!

HunaBob said...

So, when can our princess come to help you stalk, er, hang out in the wan hope of seeing some celebs? She would be all over Miley in a "let's all go get our restraining orders together" kind of way!