Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ten Things I Need To Do

  1. I need to find a job. And quick. If you can help with this, please email me. I am totally not kidding.
  2. I need to consult a psychologist who specializes in recurring nightmares in children. My daughter has been having the same one since, oh, let's see.....last September. That's when our well-meaning pastor decided it would be a good idea to show excerpts from "The Passion of the Christ" in our morning worship service. For adults like me, who need to be reminded of the brutal sacrifice made on my behalf, it was a good idea. For the many children present, including my 6 year old, not so much. She now envisions Christ's death like something out of "Nightmare on Elm Street" and wakes up screaming in the wee hours of the morning a minimum of 2 times a week. Suggestions anyone?
  3. I need to listen to the music for something really special I get to be a part of later in the week. It will be special because of where I will be, who will be with me and what we will be celebrating. It would be made more special if I actually knew the music. (Check back on Friday for all the details, including whether or not I learned the music.)
  4. I need to start pricing the many piles of junk, I mean merchandise, I have compiled for my garage sale coming up in a few weeks. If you're in need of a Marilyn Monroe costume, a pair of tap shoes or some really snazzy stretch pants you will not want to miss this one!
  5. I need to get ready for Ocho's first softball game this evening. Both games last week were rained out and I'm certain that was God's way of giving me time to prepare myself mentally for what is about to take place. I can't even talk about it right now. My daughter is going to play a sport. Some of you have no idea what kind of blog material is about to unfold. No idea at all.
  6. I need to dust and vacuum and mop and iron and scrub the bathroom and bathe the dog.
  7. I need to be as excited about serving in children's choir on Sunday night as I am about watching "The Office" this Thursday.
  8. I need to tell you all that I did see George this past weekend and it was fine. Yes, he felt compelled to sit with us during the ceremony and at the reception. Yes, he managed to annoy just about everyone at the table. Yes, he is still exactly the same person he was when I met him 15 years ago. Yes, I amused myself by conspiring with Handiman to hide his chair every time he walked away from the table. I must confess that he refrained from saying anything offensive that might have caused me to inflict bodily harm so thanks to those who prayed. It was only by God's mercy. I am sure of it.
  9. I need to be nicer to George.
  10. I need to accept that #7 & #9 are never going to happen.

No comments: