I've had a little ritual for the past year or so. Every Friday after "The Office" airs I'd send a little email to some of my friends who are fans of the show. I tell them what I loved about the episode and list my favorite quotes. Since they're readers here, they requested that I just make it regular feature on my blog. I realize that some who visit here may not be a regular viewer of what happens to be, in my humble yet accurate opinion, the smartest and funniest show on TV. If that's the case, I'm not sure we can be friends anymore. If you are a fan then I expect some comments.
As a friendly tip, I would also like to add that if you don't watch the deleted scenes on NBC.com, you are missing a goldmine of funny. For this particular epsiode, they have one where Michael & Dwight list their dream dinner party guest lists. It is not to be missed.
Now on to the important stuff like The Dinner Party. I was a little sad that we didn't see more of the staff in this one. I've missed Stanley and Kevin and Kelly. I wish Michael had come up with this idea while Kelly & Ryan were still together. Now THAT would have been an awkward party for the ages.
Here's what I loved: Michael outsmarting Jim, "Serenity by Jan", the look on Jim's face in Jan's candle room, Jan's jealous glares at Pam, Michael's giant hand chairs, Andy's sweater tied around his neck, Dwight sitting in the low chair and eating the dinner he packed for himself, Hunter's song, Jan's dancing, Michael's beer sign and plasma TV, the police recognizing Dwight, Angela & the ice cream and Jim stealing the CD.
My picks for favorite quotes of the night:
Michael: You said you didn't have plans. Thaaat's what you said.
Jan: This will be great to cook with.
Jan: Do you have a preference babe? Upstairs first?
Michael: Totally your call babe.
Michael: As you can smell there's lots of different odors going on in here.
Pam: So you have an office and a workspace.
Jan: I cannot create in the same space that I conduct business. I'm sure that you're the same with your doodles.
Jan: When I get frustrated, or irritated or... angry, I come up here and I just smell all my candles and it just -poof- goes away.
Michael: Sometimes I just stand here and watch television for hours.
Michael: I think it's either pine or Nordic cherry.
Michael: Oh honey, I have the best trophy right here, aside from my Dundies.
Andy: Tuna! What's up Tuna, we having tuna for dinner? I bet you're sick of tuna right? You probably have tuna every night. Tuna!
Andy: Except for one flower, which is for... my flower.
Angela: What am I supposed to do with this?
Jan: How 'bout we do the short tour and then I'll start dinner?
Pam: Oh I can help starting dinner if you need it.
Jan: Oh no no no, it's just the osso buco needs to braise for about three hours, everything else is done.
Pam: Three hours from now or three hours from earlier like 4:00?
Jan: You know Pam, in Spain they often don't start eating until midnight.
Michael: Kinda sorta an oaky afterbirth.
Angela: Sometimes I think she holds on to faxes.
Pam: I don't care what they say, I just want to eat. Which I realize is a lot to ask for... at a dinner party.
Jim: Michael and Jan seem to be playing their own separate game and it's called 'Let's see how uncomfortable we can make our guests' and they're both winning. So I'm going to make a run for it.
Pam: Oh Jim, I don't think you're going to abandon this party here all by itself.
Jim: I don't know because I everything I own is there.
Pam: You can buy new stuff but you can't buy a new party.
Pam: I have never, ever dated, or wanted to do anything resembling dating Michael, ever. Not ever, not now, not then, not now, not ever, ever.
Michael: Yeah, did you know that candles are the number one fastest-growing product in the scent aroma market? $2 billion dollar a year industry. And for only $10,000, you could become a co-owner of "Serenity by Jan" What do you think about that?
Andy: Thought about it, I'm in.
Michael: I can't prove it, but I think she might be trying to poison me.
Pam: If she was going to poison the food of someone at the table, wouldn't it be me? Michael's former lover?
Michael: You know I have soft teeth. How could you say that?
Jan: Hey babe! How 'bout we take the beer sign down until our guests leave and then we can discuss it.
Michael: No, no. I'm gonna leave it up. I think it ties the whole room together.
Police Officer: Not now Dwight.
Michael: My girlfriend threw a Dundie at my TV. Plasma
Pam: This is the best burger I have ever had Babe.
Jim: Oh Babe, I should have told you but I did something bad. I stole this. For you Babe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Joy has returned to my life!
All I can say is that it was worth the wait! There are not many times I can just sit by myself and laugh like crazy! I LOVED IT! The deleted scenes too!
Post a Comment