
You may recall my first visit to Symphony Hall was marred by a bunch of loud first graders and some very uncomfortable shoes. Well, not today my friends. Today no kids are allowed and the shoes are well broken in. Today I'll be on stage with 80 of my closest choir member friends.
Our church choir has been invited to lead worship for an event celebrating Max Lucado's new book 3:16. He just happens to be one of my favorite authors. Of.All.Time.
Thomas Nelson publishing is sponsoring it and it's primarily for Christian retailers. Mr. Lucado will be there as will a very talented singer named Heather Headley. I wasn't familiar with her until we started learning the music. Girlfriend can bring it. We'll also be providing some back up to the likes of:
Yes. That is Sandi Patty. If you are an old college friend you totally get how giddy this is making me. I mean, come one?!?!?!? Was she not the diva of Christian music back in the day? I spent countless hours listening to her albums and marveling at her vocal skills. And her duets with Larnell Harris? Somebody shout Glory! I will admit that the pinnacle of my young adult years was when she recorded a duet with my other favoritesingerofalltime Amy Grant. I just couldn't get over it. Obviously, I'm still not over it. Please pray that if I get the chance to be withing 20 feet of her I don't spontaneously geek out and start singing Via Dolorosa. I'm very fearful it will happen.And then, as if this night couldn't get any more exciting, I'll get to come home to this:
As Michael Scott says, the only thing that could make this day better.....is ice cream.


2 comments:
Have fun! I really hope you will be able to sound ok without my voice. I did get a personal email asking if I could please try to be there. What? I can dream right? :)
Sandi Patty is very sweet and down to earth just like Amy Grant, both of whom I've had the privilege to have met. I'm sure if you were to encounter either, you wouldn't as bad as I was. My response to Amy on the first time I met her: "Gee, Amy! I love your hair". Not so S-U-A-V-E!
Post a Comment