Friday, April 18, 2008

The Office - What part of shorn't don't you understand?

It was blatantly obvious that I needed a laugh yesterday. Good thing it was Michael Scott's night to entertain me. He never disappoints and last night his search for love gave me deep and abiding joy. This episode was very reminiscent of the second season for me. Almost everyone was present and some of my favorite characters like Phyllis, Kevin and Andy got a chance to do their thing. And don't even get me started on Jim and Pam. I thought I was going to OD on adorable. Halpert is killing me. That is all.

Here's what I loved: Michael calling Wendy's, The five families of Scranton Business Park, Kevin finally winning one, Andy's moonwalk, Dwight and Michael singing American Pie in the graveyard and Jim "tying his shoe". Surely I wasn't the only one that audibly gasped when he hit his knee. So precious and yet so mean. I love that stuff.


And here are my favorite quotes from the night:

Andy - "I lost a penny out of my loafers Oscar!"

Creed - "When Pam gets Michael's old chair, I get Pam's old chair. Then I'll have two chairs. Only one to go"

Michael Scott: "I am ready to start dating again. Getting back on the market. So, FYI, for those of you who are thinking about fixing me up, with any of your friends, use the woman on page 85 as a template. That will be all."

Andy - "I left my cell phone in my car."
Phyllis - "Call us when you get there so we know you're OK."

Dwight - "This is my pledge to you. I will find her, and I will bring her to you. And as God as my witness, she shall bare your fruit.
Michael Scott - "That sounds good. Go get 'er. W-w-w-wait-- First, go to Wendy's get my food, come back and then go."

Dwight - "She was so young and now she is dead. As dead as every dead animal that has ever died."

Pam - "OK Michael. You know what, I might have a name for you."
Michael - "Oh really. What's her name? Burger King?"

Michael - "You know I used to think that I had this perfect person out there waiting for me, but now I know that's just silly. Because she's dead. What do you do?"
Dwight - "Wait 'till next year's chair catalog comes out and find someone who's still alive. Yeah."

Andy - "Did I do this for me? No. I did this, for the little guy. For Joe six pack. The guy who wakes up every morning in his four hundred dollar a month apartment, wonders how he's gonna pay his mortgage that month. Wonders how he's gonna fill his car up, with oil. Wonders how am I gonna pay my kids' orphanage bills. That guy, shouldn't have to wonder where he's gonna park."

Michael - "Bye, bye, Miss Chair Model Lady / I dreamt that we were married and you treated me nice / We had lots of kids / Drinking whiskey and rye / Why'd you have to go off and die? / Why'd you have to go off and die..."

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That was one of my favorite episodes so far. Curt and I both screamed like little girls when Halpert dropped on his knee. You had all the best lines written down!