Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Thoughts on Thursday

Kristy Lee is proving to be the Susan Lucci of Idol Elimination night. She just cannot get voted off this show, poor thing. And sweet Brooke. I was sad to see her in the bottom three but from here on out (Kristy Lee notwithstanding) I guess every bottom three will have a shocker or two.

Also, if you thought Ramiele looked kinda pitiful standing between Brooke and Kristy just know that is exactly how my friend Nicole looks standing between me and Ashley in the choir loft on Sunday mornings if we're wearing our boots. Sorry Cole. Now that I've seen it demonstrated for me on national TV, I promise to never wear my boots again.

If you haven't yet seen the video with Oprah and her newest saviour, Eckhart Tolle, you should check it out on YouTube. I've officially broken up with Oprah and will no longer watch her shows, look at her magazine or admire her generosity to her studio audience. I will simply pray for her salvation and for the millions of women who are drinking her kool-aid. And I will pray that Obama doesn't win because then we may all be drinking her kool-aid whether we want to or not.

You know who my new favorite person is? Dolly Parton. Girlfriend sang a song about Jesus on American Idol then ended it with a big shout of "Hallelujah!" in Simon's general direction. Oh the joy that filled my soul. Take that Oprah.

Saturday Handiman and I will be attending our dear friend Gregg's wedding in Kentucky. There are two reasons this makes me sad. One is I'll be missing Little Ocho's very first softball game. (The fact that she's playing softball is a post for another day.) The second is that George will be there. That will also probably be a post for another day. Pray for me. And pray for George.

One week from tonight I will be smiling. You know why?



CAN'T WAIT! Oh how I have missed them

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Little Ocho is playing a sport?!?!
Oh how that tickles me!!! [composing self]

Praying for a safe trip and praying the George will get a terrible case of acute laryngitis. :-D

Alicia (dna) said...

Teresa-
Thanks for your comments about Oprah. I'm glad to see so many taking a stand!
I am burdened for the women that are deceived and are "always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth". 2 Tim. 3:7 I too am praying for Oprah's salvation.
May we be strong in the grace of Jesus and stand firm against our adversary!
Alicia

CEU said...

Smiling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!