Per his usual M.O., he waited until I left town last weekend and decided it would be a great time to start a little project he's been dreaming up for a while. He's been dying to put columns in our dining room entry way and figured he could have the whole thing completed, start to finish, while I was in North Carolina.
Here he is on day 7 of his 2 day project:

Here is the garage where my car used to be:

Here is my dining room floor:

I know there are millions of women all across these United States that would love to have a husband who's handy around the house. They'd love their man to be gifted in the areas of design and construction so he could build nice things for them. So please pardon me if I seem ungrateful because I do love him so very much. And I appreciate how beautiful it's going to be when he's done. I really do.
But I have also grown quite fond of being able to access my front door and park inside my garage.
And I adore peace and quiet.
In a few weeks we'll celebrate 14 years of marriage so I've got a little history with the man. I know this little project won't be over anytime soon and any minute now he'll be losing all his religion and throwing a few tools across the front yard.
And there will be at least one trip to the walk-in clinic before all is said and done.
So ladies, if your man is all piled up in his recliner right now watching ESPN just know I've got the sounds of electric saws & nail guns ringing in my ears.
And I envy you.


3 comments:
I do envy you because I would just like my husband to mow the lawn and clean up the garage. Nothing huge. It is going to look awesome so if you need some peace and quiet, come on over! HA HA!!!! Oh that is funny! I asure you that you will not have peace and quiet here! Maybe we can just sneak out without anyone knowing. :)
That was funny. I mean that in the nicest way. The way you told the story was funny especially about him losing his religion and throwing some tools and also a quick trip to the clinic.
Don't forget to show us pics when it's finished.
You wanna start a pool on which part of the body will be injured? or maybe on how many stitches it will require?
Put me down for left middle finger and 5 stitches. :-)
I can't wait to see all of handiman's projects in person.
Post a Comment