
Handiman took a break from construction yesterday to accompany Little Ocho and me to a matinee of Wall-E. If he had known ahead of time he was going to spend 90 minutes watching 2 robots fall in love while barely saying 10 words, he probably would have stayed home. But he would have missed a really good time. As it turns out, Pixar has done it again and created a movie that is both wonderfully entertaining and completely astonishing to look at. I'm still not convinced the opening shot was animated. It looked scary real.
Wall-E covers all the basics; we all need someone to love, the world is never without hope and movie musicals can cure whatever ails you. It also points out just where our society's selfish attitude and laziness might get us in the not-so-distant future. And there's not one questionable word or innuendo in the whole flick! (And in case you're wondering, the previews weren't so bad either. My family can't wait for "Beverly Hills Chihuahua." We have a personal interest in that one.)
As with all of Pixar's films, this one is just as enjoyable for the grown-ups as it is for the kids. Handiman & I were reminiscing as we stood in the very long line for seating about going to see "Toy Story" on it's opening weekend. That would have been in 1995....five years before kids. I remember our conversation on the way home like it was yesterday. Two adults spent 2 hours watching a cartoon about toys and we could not get over it. We laughed and marveled at how realistic this newfangled thing called computer animation was.
I love that God has gifted the people at Pixar with such an abundance of talent and genius. Can you even imagine a world without Buzz & Woody? Mike & Sully? Marlin & Dory? Neither can I.
I'm just thankful I have a child now so I have a "legitimate reason" for multiple viewings.
Kids or no kids, you should check out Wall-E. I dare you not to have a good time.


2 comments:
The GRITS house loved it too! Just posted about it myself. Great minds think alike! :-)
Wall-e looks like the robot from short circuit...did you see that 80's movie? See- I do comment... From the road, no less! +nly for exceptional bloggers!
.Michelle k.
Post a Comment